Monday, September 20, 2010

Fire Fighting brother hood

Once you become a member of the fire department you become a member of a giant family.  In this family, you have many brothers and sisters.  You trust your brothers and sisters with your life and they trust you with theirs.  The job demands a lot from you and could cost you your life.  You have to know that your brothers and sisters in the fire department will do anything in their power to help you no matter what the cost.  They will do anything to help you whether it is in a fire or another situation in life.  This is true in the Powhatan Fire Department and any other fire department throughout the world.

        The article I reviewed is a blog posting by a firefighter.  He defines the brotherhood among firefighters in the following way; “If you were to take a firefighter and strip them of their badge, remove their turnout gear, peel their skin back, and remove the organs, the brotherhood is that small fire that continues to burn inside of them.”   This very graphically describes the way I see the brotherhood among firefighters.  The author goes on to say that this brotherhood is that it doesn’t matter if you are a paid firefighter or a volunteer or male or female this brotherhood still applies.  The article also tells that this brotherhood is critical for firefighters everywhere.


I have experienced the brotherhood a little when we go on a call especially in my department the guys I run with I help them if they need it or and they will help me if I need it.  Also when we train for fires and car extractions I get to know the members of my company and how they work so when the real call comes out I will know what they are going to do before they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment